Wednesday, March 30, 2011

10 Revolutionary Computers

Alright, so I read an article of "10 Revolutionary Computers" by Lamont Wood. As the title suggests, it is about the breakthrough of today's computer world by exploring the predecessors. Considering I learned this back in 7th grade in middle school I still find interesting how the computers came a long way in such a short time, but then again, the computer industry has hit a few bumps to slow the process down. Unfortunately, I believe we are hitting that slump again.

Every time I come back to America I see articles about computers/laptops being being dying out and fused into consoles and tv within 15 years. Consoles I could understand since they make their own games and have the memory to pull it off, but as I am looking at this Apple TV on the apple site I would give it 30-40 years for that to happen. I am not saying it is a horrible idea and I don't hate the macs, but unless Steve Jobs sucks it up and allow cloning he is going to screw himself over as he did back in the 90's. If it is not a Apple product it doesn't work on macs. There is boot camp, but even then that is 50/50 because of the glitches and breakdowns. Part of the reason why windows does so well (besides cloning every damn little thing) is because it supports the online gamers which is a large portion of internet users.

Over all, I guess we just have to sit and see how the computer war continues. Oh and I rather have both mac book and vaio on my side then just one of them to make my life easier. Also to crush hopes and dreams of iphone users.... they are not as high tech as you think. I have known Nokia, Motorola, and Samsung that did the same thing the iPhone is doing now 7 years ago. Anyway back to the topic!!!

Out all the computers the article mentioned that have been built and continuing the evolution of technology my faviorte one is this:




 For those who don't what this is, it is called ZX81 the first cheapest and simplest (not to mention one 1st hacking tech) computer. I remember having one of these when I was 13. I have to admit the keyboard was horrible that I customized my own keyboard. If people think this only meant for illegal uses then I shall counter act that X3 If you live in a country where the internet is similar to Chinese internet and have 50% of the country are hackers you might need this type of equipment to protect yourself. If you live in a country where construction is blocking your only way home and need to change their schedule for their lunch break so you can quickly pass through you might need this type of equipment. Sadly, I needed to break apart since the government were hunting them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment