Monday, March 14, 2011

The Grid system

Alright this thing is about 4 ft long and 2ft wide, and a wee bit unstable. So instead of bringing this over to class I decided to take take photos of it. So in the mean time.... Who's that Pokemon?!

It's Gliscor!

It's Electrivire!

It's Lucario!

It's Starmie!




It's Salamence and Aracanine!


To be honest I have no idea how many push pins I used for this... could easily be around 3.5k-4.2k. All I know is I am not counting. As for the random green squares, I figured I would make the push pins represent today's graph/pixel while the green foam is how the tv was represented back in the 50's or 60's. Also if you are wondering about the acutal size I took a couple photos of that as well.







4 comments:

  1. your grid project is absolutely incredible. I can't believe how big you made this. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to do each push pin- you had great patterns to work from. the foam pixels is a cool idea, its a nice contrast between the smaller grid pattern- maybe if you painted the foam black it might help the pins stand out more- but really i love this the detail is great. you spent a lot of hours doing this :) I like how you were able to buy separate colored pushpins to fit your design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, not being a full on pokemon fan, but i think this is a great tribute to the characters ;) you should send this to their fan website or something (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So incase you couldn't tell I love pokemon. I really like what u did here, I like the idea of comparing old school resolution to new age resolution, but the foam makes your photos look lie an aerial shot of a flower arrangement or something.... anyways, great job and I agree with Panda, submit this to the pokemon fan site!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on this project, very colorful and pretty accurate portrayals of the pokemon characters.

    ReplyDelete